Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abdullah Abdullah <my...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2005/07/27 19:10:29 UTC

( URGENT Please ) tomcat connection refused

Dear all

I am trying to create a secure connection between tomcat server and a
browser. I have done exactly the same as the instructions on

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html

but when I tried to connect on the port   https://localhost:8443  , an alert
popped up saying (( The connection was refused when attepting to contact
localhost:8443 .

So, I would be very grateful if anyone can let me know what is the problem
??

Thanks in advance

Abdullah

RE: ( URGENT Please ) tomcat connection refused

Posted by David Shapiro <ds...@nc.rr.com>.
Did you generate the RSA key with the changeit password?  Did you uncomment
the section with 8443 port configuration?  Did you wait long enough for the
server to start (tail -f the catalina.out log and wait for it to see 8443
has started).  What is in the catalina.out log?  Any errors?  On IBM AIX I
had to change the protocol to IbmX503 and use SSL instead of TLS.  Try
changing TLS to SSL (see the section for configuring 8443 to do this).

David