Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Philippe Mathieu <ph...@lifl.fr> on 2004/09/07 23:07:19 UTC

Pool and Postgresql

I'm using Postgresql 7.4.x  and Tomcat 5.0 under Linux Debian.
In my application I'm using the Tomcat Connection Pool to access to a Postgresql
Database.
During the first access to the context I obtain in the context logger the
following message :

2004-09-07 22:23:25 JDBCRealm[/vide]: Exception opening database connection
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported

    at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:482)
         at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:461)
         at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.setAutoCommit(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:953)
         at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:600)

After that the application works correctly and it seems not to have any problem.

Does anyone knows how to avoid this message ?

--
Phil

Re: Pool and Postgresql

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 11:07:19PM +0200, Philippe Mathieu wrote:
: I'm using Postgresql 7.4.x  and Tomcat 5.0 under Linux Debian.
: In my application I'm using the Tomcat Connection Pool to access to a
: Postgresql Database.
:  [snip]
: 2004-09-07 22:23:25 JDBCRealm[/vide]: Exception opening database connection
: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported
:  [snip]
: Does anyone knows how to avoid this message ?

It sounds like you have a (now-)unsupported param in your JDBC URL, or
perhaps in one of the resource's param elements.

Check the docs for the PostgreSQL JDBC connector, as well as for the
database engine itself.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com

Re: Pool and Postgresql

Posted by Cott Lang <co...@internetstaff.com>.
You are using an old PostgreSQL JDBC driver. Update to the latest rev
and this should go away.