Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ze...@web.de on 2016/09/16 11:42:48 UTC

Re: JcrMappingException: Could not create node - Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Help Needed

Hi,

we set our journal in a separate DB to reduce the risk of Lock Problems due our normal Content Databases. We faced the same problem when we use the journal and content in same database due lot of revisions in a cluster environment. The Journal Revision Updates blocked our normal read/write content Tasks.

Regards, Michael

Betreff:JcrMappingException: Could not create node - Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Help Needed
Datum:Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:44:09 +0000
Von:Kishore Ohal <ki...@lrn.com>[kishore.ohal@lrn.com]
Antwort an:users@jackrabbit.apache.org[users@jackrabbit.apache.org]
An:users@jackrabbit.apache.org[users@jackrabbit.apache.org] <us...@jackrabbit.apache.org>[users@jackrabbit.apache.org]
Hi ,

While performing database operations from our application we are getting below error(using Apache Jackrabbit 2.8.2 and MYSQL)

Caused by: org.jcrom.JcrMappingException: Could not create node
        at org.jcrom.dao.AbstractJcrDAO.create(AbstractJcrDAO.java:337)

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.ItemStateException: Unable to create log entry: Unable to lock global revision table.
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.InternalVersionManagerBase.internalCreateVersionHistory(InternalVersionManagerBase.java:461)

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.ItemStateException: Unable to create log entry: Unable to lock global revision table.
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager$Update.begin(SharedItemStateManager.java:575)

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.ClusterException: Unable to create log entry: Unable to lock global revision table.
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.ClusterNode$WorkspaceUpdateChannel.updateCreated(ClusterNode.java:639)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager$Update.begin(SharedItemStateManager.java:573)

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.JournalException: Unable to lock global revision table.
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.DatabaseJournal.doLock(DatabaseJournal.java:495)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.AbstractJournal.internalLockAndSync(AbstractJournal.java:317)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1084)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4232)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4164)

mysql> show open tables where in_use>0;
+--------------+-------------------------+--------+-------------+
| Database     | Table                   | In_use | Name_locked |
+--------------+-------------------------+--------+-------------+
| courseauthor | JOURNAL_GLOBAL_REVISION |      1 |           0 |
+--------------+-------------------------+--------+-------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

processlist
| Query       |    18 | Searching rows for update                                             | update JOURNAL_GLOBAL_REVISION set REVISION_ID = REVISION_ID + 1 |

mysql> SELECT @@GLOBAL.tx_isolation, @@tx_isolation, @@session.tx_isolation;
+-----------------------+-----------------+------------------------+
| @@GLOBAL.tx_isolation | @@tx_isolation  | @@session.tx_isolation |
+-----------------------+-----------------+------------------------+
| REPEATABLE-READ       | REPEATABLE-READ | REPEATABLE-READ        |
+-----------------------+-----------------+------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT @@GLOBAL.tx_isolation, @@tx_isolation, @@session.tx_isolation;
| @@GLOBAL.tx_isolation | @@tx_isolation  | @@session.tx_isolation |
| REPEATABLE-READ       | REPEATABLE-READ | REPEATABLE-READ        |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

It will a great help if can give a solution as it is stopping our application.

Regards,
Kishore