Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/05 21:47:06 UTC

Tapestry Training: London (Oct 2010)

I'm once again partnering with SkillsMatter to teach my full Tapestry
workshop. This is an expanded version of the class, which is growing from
three days up to four; the additional day will ensure that we have time for
all the existing materials, and add a new section on testing using TestNG,
Selenium and Groovy. It will also give us more time to explore student
directed ideas, such as security and meta-programming.

The class will be taught at SkillsMatter's offices in London, from October
5th through the 8th.

I'm curious how many people are aware of this training, and how many people
are located geographically to take advantage of it. I've done the 3 day
version of the class twice at SkillsMatter, and I'm looking forward to the
full 4 day class.

I'd like to start a discussion about what it would take to get more people
to attend the class, and/or what's keeping people from attending (cost,
location, etc.).

Two other notes:

- There will probably be another teach in Paris, in December
- The workshop is normally taught on-site for a specific company (I do such
a teach 2 - 3 times / year)

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry Training: London (Oct 2010)

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 19:11:39 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> But Europe has a bunch of Tapestry experts/committers only a short train
> ride away (listening, Igor & Andreas?).

I'm a Brazilian Tapestry committer and I've never been in France yet. :P

Talking more seriously, I have two Tapestry courses written in Brazilian
Portuguese: basic and advanced. I can translate it into English if
requested.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Tapestry Training: London (Oct 2010)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Katia Aresti Gonzalez <katiaaresti@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Yes, that's why we have to say that this backwards compatibility it's not a
> problem, loud and and clear.
> Other frameworks mains versions are incompatible too.
>
> I would love to keep up staring up for more than 4 days !! :)
> Sadly our project was cancelled ... no project, no formation.
> more pub -> more people knows about tapestry 5.x -> more people proposes
> the
> framework to their clients -> more projects coming -> more knowledge needed
> -> more formations, :)
>
> About localisation : Paris is the best place in France. Paris is very well
> connected to the other french capitals by train(tgv) and plane. Connected
> London in 2 hours by train.

I've done that stretch between London and Paris, both ways, a couple of
times. Couldn't be easier.

I've been contacted by members of the Paris JUG and the Austrian JUG
recently to talk about T5. However, with a newborn (5 month old) at home,
I'm temporarily backing away from extended trips (longer than necessary to
teach the workshop).

Posted by Katia Aresti Gonzalez <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's why we have to say that this backwards compatibility it's not a
problem, loud and and clear.
Other frameworks mains versions are incompatible too.

I would love to keep up staring up for more than 4 days !! :)
Sadly our project was cancelled ... no project, no formation.
more pub -> more people knows about tapestry 5.x -> more people proposes the
framework to their clients -> more projects coming -> more knowledge needed
-> more formations, :)

About localisation : Paris is the best place in France. Paris is very well
connected to the other french capitals by train(tgv) and plane. Connected to
London in 2 hours by train.

Posted by Gerald Bauer <gt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Katia Aresti Gonzalez <ka...@gmail.com>.