Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 魏祥威 <52...@qq.com> on 2020/03/23 10:08:43 UTC

Avoid adding unnecessary and redundant fields

Hi everyone.

In recent use of IoTDB, we found some unnecessary&nbsp;fields take too much memory space, like dataTypeMapping etc that has been fixed in PR#934[1].

Actually these fields can be replaced by other existing fields directly. Therefore, if existing fields have enough information we need, it's important to avoid adding redundant and unnecessary fields to reduce the waste of memory space.&nbsp;

[1]&nbsp;https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/934
Best,
Xiangwei Wei

&nbsp;