Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Kueng <to...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/19 18:19:19 UTC

svn st shows missing for root folder

Using svn 1.13.0 on Windows:

SUBST G:\ D:\Development\TestWC
G:
svn st .

!       .
?       Foo
?       src\nonversioned

As you can see, the root folder doesn't show the correct status.
This showed the correct status with 1.12.x.

Stefan

Re: svn st shows missing for root folder

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 5:46 AM Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 10:40 AM Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 9:44 PM Evgeny Kotkov
> > <ev...@visualsvn.com> wrote:

> > > On my side, this issue *does not* reproduce with Subversion 1.13.0
> built
> > > against APR 1.6.x, but reproduces with the TortoiseSVN 1.13.1
> command-line
> > > binaries.
> > >
> > > I see that TortoiseSVN 1.13 has recently switched to APR 1.7.0, so
> that may
> > > be causing the issue:
> > >
> > >   https://osdn.net/projects/tortoisesvn/scm/svn/commits/28674
> > >
> > > Among the changes in APR 1.7.0, this one could be responsible for the
> faulty
> > > behavior, since it changes how apr_stat() works for reparse points:
> > >
> > >   https://svn.apache.org/r1855950
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Evgeny Kotkov
> >
> > Somehow, this fell through the cracks, and was not reported to APR as
> > it should have been. So it came back to this list later, in another
> > report (unfortunately still not forwarded to APR):
> >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4797303a065e9c1091bbf445acaa3121ccb27ac2d661eb0debd1cf40%40%3Cdev.subversion.apache.org%3E
> >
> > Anyway, I've forwarded this thread to dev@apr last week, where it is
> > currently being discussed:
> >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r28e478074055436b27b13f7487203448079aea5adfe4207007ad7ea9%40%3Cdev.apr.apache.org%3E
> >
> > We know now that the problem isn't specific to the use of "subst", but
> > actually to all "working copies on drive roots", so also when you
> > perform a checkout to C:\ for example.
> > Probably also with "shared folders"  over the network, when the
> > wc-root is the share-root, as was just reported to TSVN here:
> >

> https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/tortoisesvn/jgHE5_sHfFI/xOpP1Ce3AAAJ
> >

> Just closing the loop on this issue:
> It has taken some time, but this issue (in APR) has been fixed now and
> backported to the 1.7.x branch in r1904030. It was released last week
> as part of APR 1.7.1.
>
> (I've also left a message on the tortoisesvn-users list about this, in
> reply to an old thread about this problem)

Thanks for following up on this issue (and the substituted drive issue
too)... Hopefully those are fixed for good now!

Cheers
Nathan

Re: svn st shows missing for root folder

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

--
Johan

Re: svn st shows missing for root folder

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 19.11.2019 19:19, Stefan Kueng wrote:
> Using svn 1.13.0 on Windows:
>
> SUBST G:\ D:\Development\TestWC
> G:
> svn st .
>
> !       .
> ?       Foo
> ?       src\nonversioned
>
> As you can see, the root folder doesn't show the correct status.
> This showed the correct status with 1.12.x.

Seems to be yet another (elided) result of special-case handling of
(unprintable) Windows reparse points?

-- Brane