Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Rothrock <mi...@michaelrothrock.com> on 2002/12/12 21:18:48 UTC

Action Event class not found

Ok, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, and I've had no
luck with either the jetspeed-user or turbine-user archives, so I thought
I'd see if anyone can help.  I'm pretty sure it's a lame configuration
error.

I'm trying to create an ActionEvent.  The purpose of this is to set
application state for the current user--this information is useful to all of
my portlets.  To accomplish this, I've created a class that inherits from
ActionEvent, like so:

package com.myco.modules;
// appropriate imports
public class TrackUserAction extends ActionEvent { //bla bla bla

I have a method called doUser:

public void doUser(RunData rundata) { // bla bla bla

I compiled this into a jar which I placed into the following dir:
/var/tomcat4/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib
(my portlets access other classes in this jar without problems)

I added the following to my TR.prop:
module.packages=com.myco.modules

After restarting tomcat, I access the action with:
jsLink.getAction("TrackUserAction").addPathInfo("eventSubmit_doUser","test")
%>>This better work</a>

(I'm using JSP here, but it would be pretty similar in Velocity, I think.)
(Also, notice that I'm doing a GET, but this should be fine from what I've
gleaned from the archives.)

I get the following error:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

    Requested Action not found: TrackUserAction
    Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
    [org.apache.jetspeed.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules,
com.myco.modules]

I tried several variations on the URL, such as:

http://[...]/user/anon/page/default.psml?action=TrackUserAction

but no joy.

I'm going crazy--can anyone provide any form of direction/advice/therapy on
this?

Thanks!

-- Michael