Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by The Doctor <do...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> on 2004/10/23 01:04:45 UTC

Customer looking for packages with the following

This a BSD/OS 4.3.1 system running perl 5.8.5 and PHP 4.3.9
and apache-ssl

1. Form Content Security. (FormmailEncoder/Decoder)

As I understand it, on a secure website the content of a submitted form is
protected by SSL from the submitter to the server. The purpose of this
software is to protect the information while it travels as an e-mail from
your server to the client's computer. There seems to be plenty of
e-mail-to-email encryption software around, but this was to only
*form*-to-Email package I could find. Anything you find that will achieve
this goal is acceptable.

2. Newsletter. (NewsLetterPro) We're looking for a high-end package here.
The requirements are:

- double opt-in
- double-opt out
- browser-based administration (sending, viewing lists , etc.)
- built-in HTML editor for creating newsletters
- ability to import and export mailing lists
- supports text and HTML formats, lets user choose
- free tech support
- full user tracking and reporting (who opens them, who unsubscribes, etc.)
- bounce filters (removes from list after X bounces)
- ability to schedule deliveries
- can collect information (name etc) when the user subscribes, and use it
to personalize emails
- database is fully secure

The only other package I found that could do all this was .asp...

Thanks for your work on this.

Re: Customer looking for packages with the following

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 19:04, The Doctor wrote:
> The purpose of this
> software is to protect the information while it travels as an e-mail from
> your server to the client's computer. There seems to be plenty of
> e-mail-to-email encryption software around, but this was to only
> *form*-to-Email package I could find. Anything you find that will achieve
> this goal is acceptable.

Any one of the Crypt:: modules from CPAN would probably be a fine
replacement for this.  It's simple to do basic encryption/decryption of
data in perl.

> - double opt-in
> - double-opt out
> - browser-based administration (sending, viewing lists , etc.)
> - built-in HTML editor for creating newsletters
> - ability to import and export mailing lists
> - supports text and HTML formats, lets user choose
> - free tech support
> - full user tracking and reporting (who opens them, who unsubscribes, etc.)
> - bounce filters (removes from list after X bounces)
> - ability to schedule deliveries
> - can collect information (name etc) when the user subscribes, and use it
> to personalize emails
> - database is fully secure

You're not likely to find something already written that does all of
this in an acceptable way.  Most companies have very specific
requirements for this sort of application.  I'd suggest you find a
package that is close to what you need and in a language you can hack
and customize it.

- Perrin