Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Corvus <jf...@shaw.ca> on 2007/01/20 02:34:59 UTC

Cannot display bean problem

Hello everyone.  I have a small struts problem.

I have the following Action class with an attribute called 'courses'.  I
then get forwarded to a .JSP page (called "dispres.jsp") so that I can
display the bean.  The problem is that I keep getting the message that it:
"Cannot find bean courses in scope session".  Does anyone know how I can fix
this?

public class SearchAction extends Action {

    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm  form,
           HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
           throws Exception {

        String searchString = ((SearchForm)form).getQuerystring();

        CourseDto courses = new CourseDto(searchString);

        BusinessLayer businessLayer = new BusinessLayerImpl();
        courses = businessLayer.findCourse(searchString);

        System.out.println(courses.getTrainer().getTrainerName());
        System.out.println(courses.getCourseName());

        request.setAttribute("courses", courses);

        return mapping.findForward("dispres");
    }
}

<--**** dispres.jsp after this point ****-->

<%@page contentType="text/html"%>
<%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<%@page session="true" import="data.transfer.CourseDto" %>
<%@ taglib uri="struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<head>
    <title>Display Search Results</title>

</head>

<logic:present name="courses" scope="session">

<H3><p>This page displays the search results and allows
registration:</p></H3>

<!-- OUTPUT BOX -->
<bean:define id="courses" name="courses" scope="session" />

Name:
<bean:write name="courses" property="courseName"/><br>
StartDate:<br />
<bean:write name="courses" property="startDate"/>&nbsp;<br />
End Date:<br />
<bean:write name="courses" property="endDate"/><br />
</logic:present>
<li>After the results are processed, you can select the course and you will
be
sent to the registration page to register in the course (if you
wish).</li><br />

Re: Cannot display bean problem

Posted by Corvus <jf...@shaw.ca>.

Gary VanMatre wrote:

> [SNIP]
>
>> request.setAttribute("courses", courses);
>

> Try this:
>
> request.getSession().setAttribute("courses", courses);
>
> [SNIP]

That did it.  Thanks alot.