Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jacob Elder <je...@locamoda.com> on 2009/06/11 16:46:22 UTC

Getting details from

Hello,

Is there any way to get the number of deleted records from a delete request?

I'm sending:

<delete><query>type_i:(2 OR 3) AND creation_time_rl:[0 TO
1244260800000]</query></delete>

And getting:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
name="QTime">2</int></lst>
</response>

This is Solr 1.3.

--
Jacob Elder

Re: Getting details from

Posted by Sandeep Tagore <sa...@gmail.com>.
Anything sent with delete query will be deleted. It doesnt give u the details
of the deleted records.
For example, if u send a command like
20070424150841 but not give u the record details if it is already deleted.
We need to send some query to solr like
"http://localhost:8080/solr/delete?id:20070424150841&name:deleted_record".
But I dont think that we have this option now.

Re: Getting details from

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
I guess not. u will have to make a query to get the no:of docs
matching the query
probably this can be an enhancement to Solr

Re: Getting details from

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Jacob Elder<je...@locamoda.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to get the number of deleted records from a delete request?

Nope.  I avoided adding it initially because I thought it might get
difficult to calculate that data i the future.
That's now come true - Lucene now handles the delete and buffers it
until later even.  So it's not really possible to get the number at
the time you send in the delete.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com