Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Shadwell <pa...@shadwell.ch> on 2015/03/24 12:04:26 UTC

Recurring Snapshot Limitation

We have a customer trying to create a snapshot that runs twice a week. Wednesday and Sunday.

The problem is, there seems to be no option to do so. Creating 1 weekly schedule works but then weekly is greyed out and you cannot create another weekly schedule (which would be the logical way of doing it).

I tried this in Cloudmonkey with:
create snapshotpolicy maxsnaps=4 intervaltype=weekly timezone=gmt+1 schedule=30:02:3 volumeid=0194edb4-..... 3 is the day of the week.

I then ran the command again changing the day of the week, to hopefully create a second weekly snapshot of the same volume:
create snapshotpolicy maxsnaps=4 intervaltype=weekly timezone=gmt+1 schedule=30:02:7 volumeid=0194edb4-.....

However, when I list the snapshotpolicies, I only see the last one that was written.
Has anyone come across this problem before? Is there a workaround?

Cloudstack version 4.3.2

Best regards

Paul

Re: Recurring Snapshot Limitation

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
I dont think there is a creative solution here. It looks like users are
forced to use daily/weekly and nothing in between. It does look like a
valid enhancement request... if you were inclined to file one, you can do
so here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK/