Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jovanka Pangestu <pa...@verizon.net> on 2004/01/28 09:16:06 UTC

Lenya Action Buttons/Tabs Missing?

Hi list,

I have installed Lenya and it is up and running on my server.  However I
am not sure if it installed correctly because I noticed that I am
missing some of the action buttons while in 'Authoring' or any mode for
that matter.  I do not see the 'Admin', 'Site', 'Authoring', not the
'Live' buttons/tabs.  I found this out while playing with Lenya here:
http://demo.wyona.com:28080/lenya/index.html, I found that the authoring
view did not look the same as the one I had setup.  What could possibly
have affected this?

My setup is:
Tomcat 5.0.16
JSDK 1.4.2
Lenya 1.0 rc1
Cocoon 2.1.2

Thanks in Advance,
Jovanka

Re: Lenya Action Buttons/Tabs Missing?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Jovanka Pangestu wrote:
>
>> I tried the most current nightly snapshot from cvs and its giving a
>> build error:
>>
>> /usr/local/apache/lenya-1.2-src-20040128045543/src/targets/init-build.xm
>> l:56: taskdef class XConfToolTask cannot be found

isnt that funny. i never use those ant targets except when doing
releases, and yes, dist-build.xml is out of sync. i'll fix it shortly.

this will most likely also fix the issue stefano had.

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Lenya Action Buttons/Tabs Missing?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jovanka Pangestu wrote:

>I tried the most current nightly snapshot from cvs and its giving a
>build error:
>
>/usr/local/apache/lenya-1.2-src-20040128045543/src/targets/init-build.xm
>l:56: taskdef class XConfToolTask cannot be found

CVS seems to have a problem with this file (you are not the first one to
complain about this). Maybe removing and add/ci would help. Or does
anyone else have a better idea.

>Then I tried the current stable release version lenya rc1 again,

maybe you want to wait another day, because Gregor is currently releasing
1.2rc2 where many bugs should have been fixed.

Michi

Posted by Jovanka Pangestu <pa...@verizon.net>.
When I create a new document and fill in the values for the Create
Document form and then click on the 'Create' button, I get these errors:

An Error Occurred org.apache.lenya.cms.task.ExecutionException
/usr/local/apache/tomcat_5.0.16/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/config/
tasks/targets.xml:182: org.apache.lenya.cms.authoring.CreatorException:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException: No
definition found for doctype ''!
[...]
definition found for doctype ''! at
org.apache.lenya.cms.task.AntTask.executeAntTarget(AntTask.java:171) at
org.apache.lenya.cms.task.AntTask.execute(AntTask.java:271) at
org.apache.lenya.cms.task.DefaultTaskWrapper.execute(DefaultTaskWrapper.
java:290) at
org.apache.lenya.cms.cocoon.acting.TaskAction.act(TaskAction.java:102)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(Ac
tTypeNode.java:157) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(Ac
tTypeNode.java:176) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.i
nvoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.i
nvoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.i
nvoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(P
ipelineNode.java:163) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
PipelinesNode.java:161) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cessor.java:351) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cessor.java:304) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(Moun
tNode.java:130) at
[...]
cessor.java:304) at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:640) at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1104)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at
tionFilterChain.java:284) at
erChain.java:204) at
e.java:256) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:151) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
64) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardCon
textValve.java:245) at
e.java:199) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:151) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
64) at
:195) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:151) at
:164) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:149) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
64) at
java:156) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:151) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
64) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972) at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:211)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:80
5) at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:696) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:60
5) at
.java:677) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) Caused by:
/usr/local/apache/tomcat_5.0.16/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/config/
tasks/targets.xml:182: org.apache.lenya.cms.authoring.CreatorException:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException: No
definition found for doctype ''! at
org.apache.lenya.cms.ant.DocumentCreatorTask.execute(DocumentCreatorTask
.java:101) at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:272) at
org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:401) at
org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:347) at
org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:374) at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1228) at
org.apache.lenya.cms.task.AntTask.executeAntTarget(AntTask.java:168) ...
67 more Caused by: org.apache.lenya.cms.authoring.CreatorException:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException: No
definition found for doctype ''! at
org.apache.lenya.cms.authoring.DocumentCreator.create(DocumentCreator.ja
va:128) at
org.apache.lenya.cms.ant.DocumentCreatorTask.execute(DocumentCreatorTask
.java:90) ... 73 more Caused by:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException: No
definition found for doctype ''! at
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuilder.buildDocumentType(D
ocumentTypeBuilder.java:145) at
org.apache.lenya.cms.authoring.DocumentCreator.create(DocumentCreator.ja
va:123) ... 74 more Caused by:
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuildException: No
definition found for doctype ''! at
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentTypeBuilder.buildDocumentType(D
ocumentTypeBuilder.java:120) ... 75 more

When I try again using the same docid that I used giving the errors
above, the system tells me that the docid already exists, but I don't
see the document in my authoring area.

Regards,
Jovanka

> Then I tried the current stable release version lenya rc1 again, and
> that seemed to build find.  Now the actions buttons (Admin, Site,
> Authoring,..) shows up, but I get errors when I try to create a new
> document.

can you be more speocific?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jovanka Pangestu wrote:

> Then I tried the current stable release version lenya rc1 again, and
> that seemed to build find.  Now the actions buttons (Admin, Site,
> Authoring,..) shows up, but I get errors when I try to create a new
> document.

can you be more speocific?

Posted by Jovanka Pangestu <pa...@verizon.net>.
I tried the most current nightly snapshot from cvs and its giving a
build error:

/usr/local/apache/lenya-1.2-src-20040128045543/src/targets/init-build.xm
l:56: taskdef class XConfToolTask cannot be found

I want to build using the most current snapshot of Lenya, but that's
just not working for me.  I can't even pass the installation due to the
build error.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Pierre Praz <jp...@datazug.ch>.
yes, of course i can.

what properties do you mean? and where do i have do look exactly (which
sitemap.xmap - the global one)?

in the access.log i found this:

[access] (/lenya/lenya/menu/images/_active.gif)
HttpProcessor[8081][4]/CocoonServlet: The resource was not found
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Error during resolving of the
input stream: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
file:/D:/tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/resources/misc/menu/images/_active.gif
doesn't exist.

in this path there is indeed no _active.gif image. there is probably
missing something like admin, authoring or live in front of  *_active.gif.

jean-pierre

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jean-Pierre Praz wrote:

> the browser gives this path for the missing picture:
> http://127.0.0.1:8081/lenya/lenya/menu/images/_active.gif
>
> the target of the missing picture is:
> http://127.0.0.1:8081/lenya/blog//feeds/all/index.html

probably due to http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24828

do you see the same happening in other publications too?

Posted by Jean-Pierre Praz <jp...@datazug.ch>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net>.
Am Dienstag, 3. Februar 2004 05:36 schrieb Jovanka Pangestu:
> jean-pierre,
>
> This issue I reported earlier has been resolved for me.  Unfortunately I
> don't really know exactly what I did :-| or what was the fix.
>
> I remembered I downloaded Ant (v 1.6.0) again.  Then uninstalled and
> reinstalled ant, cocoon, and lenya.  I reinstalled cocoon/lenya pretty
> often, switching between different versions.  Then one day, I finally
> saw the actions buttons.
>
> Sorry I couldn't help you much

I guess I had the same problem some weeks ago. I think the fault was a wrong
xalan version in '$TOMCAT/common/endorsed'

RE: Lenya Action Buttons/Tabs Missing?

i have installed lenya 1.2rc from .exe file. the action buttons are
missing. what's wrong? any idea?

thanks

jean-pierre

Posted by Jean-Pierre Praz <jp...@datazug.ch>.