Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/06 23:10:27 UTC

Maven-versions-plugin - How to ignore a particular "newer" version?

Hi all,

I have recently discovered the maven-versions-plugin. I've added it to
my reporting section and it's very helpful.

I notice, however, that it wants to update (e.g.) ant-contrib from
1.0b3 (the latest) to 20020829 (some ancient version). I've tried the
rule set functionality but all comparison methods agree that 20020829
is newer than 1.0b3 (understandably so, of course). How can I tell
maven-versions-plugin to ignore 20020829?

Cheers,
Hilco

Re: Maven-versions-plugin - How to ignore a particular "newer" version?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/update-properties-mojo.html#properties

On 6 Nov 2010 23:22, "Hilco Wijbenga" <hi...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 6 November 2010 15:25, Stephen Connolly

<st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can define a range of updates to consider... On secon...
As in version ranges? Something like [1.0b3, 10]? Where and how would
I do that? I don't see anything about it at
http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin (property related or
otherwise).

I suppose these version ranges would help but what if I wanted to
exclude a particular newer version that doesn't work for me or is
broken? I think it would be useful to be able to (also) exclude
particular versions.

Re: Maven-versions-plugin - How to ignore a particular "newer" version?

Posted by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@gmail.com>.