Posted to user@commons.apache.org by John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov> on 2008/01/18 01:57:58 UTC

[ID] parent pom not found

Hello All,

I was trying to compile commons-id from the repository and simply
exported the trunk:
 "svn export http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/id/trunk"
and tried "mvn compile".

I received the error:

Project ID: null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox-parent
for project: null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT for project
null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Can someone help me w/ the current location for the parent pom on this
project?

Thanks!

-- john

Re: [ID] parent pom not found

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 18, 2008 12:57 AM, John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to compile commons-id from the repository and simply
> exported the trunk:
>  "svn export http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/id/trunk"
> and tried "mvn compile".
>
> I received the error:
>
> Project ID: null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox-parent
> for project: null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT for project
> null:commons-id:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>

> Can someone help me w/ the current location for the parent pom on this
> project?

We are just in the process of voting on a release of the
commons-sandbox-parent pom. Once that has been released (hopefully in
a couple of days) then we will be changing all the sandbox pom's from
3-SNAPSHOT to the released version and your problem should go away. In
the meantime you can change the id's parent from
"commons-sandbox-parent" to "commons-parent" (version 7) and it should
work OK.

Niall

Re: [ID] parent pom not found

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Have you tried downloading the commons-parent and installing it into your
local maven repo?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-sandbox-parent/trunk/

That should do it.  You might also have to download the commons-parent and
install it:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/tags/commons-parent-7/