Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Charles Dunn <no...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/12 17:05:44 UTC

Newbie : Instantiation Problem.

Hi,
As I understand, there are two ways to instantiate category:

1.Create an instance in every class.(Does this not affect the performance in
large J2EE applications?)

2.Create a static class for Category and then use it.(This might give
problems in EJB and multithreaded environments).

Now, I have a typical J2EE application spanning across several packages and
engulfing java apps, jsps and ejbs.What is the best and most efficient way I
cand instantiate and use Category?

If this question has been discussed before can anyone please point me to the
archive of the same?

Thanks,

Charlie.