Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Karen Schuchardt <kl...@pnl.gov> on 2000/01/21 01:09:53 UTC

problem running test programs

Hello,

I have recently downloaded both xerces and xalan but I am unable to get
xalan test programs
to run.  With my classpath correctly set up (I think), running 'make
test' in the simple sample directory I get:

make test
java transform
org/apache/xml/serialize/BaseMarkupSerializer
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(Compiled Code)
        at transform.main(Compiled Code)
make: *** [test] Error 1

I looked at the contents of the jar file and the source code and did not
learn anything about
the use of org/apache/xml/...

Is there some other additional jar file that I require.  This class
doesn't appear to be in
either xerces.jar or xalan.jar.

I am running under Solaris 2.6 and jdk1.2

Thanks for any pointers.

Karen Schuchardt