Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mael Caldas <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/17 00:28:02 UTC

popup LinkSubmit

Hi!

I need to submit a form clicking on a link on the selected entity, pass the
selected entity to a page, and present this page in a popup. So I want to
use a kind of popup LinkSubmit, but I only know how to do a popup link with
DirectLink, using the PopupLinkRenderer...

Any idea?

Thanks!

Mael

Re: popup LinkSubmit

Posted by Mael Caldas <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'm thinking about use the DirectLink, passing the entity id as the
parameter on each link, and them retrieve the entity from database on the
listener, like I said... will be easier..

Thanks Jesse!

Re: popup LinkSubmit

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You'll probably have to change the forms target back to what it was
previously - after opening the popup..(I think it's called _self ? )

There's probably a more elegant way to do it in javascript but I'm just
reciting what I saw recently on another tap3 based project that did exactly
what you describe wanting. (using the target stuff, it didn't look pretty to

Re: popup LinkSubmit

Posted by Mael Caldas <ma...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that there are another links that submits the same form, but
I don't want to pop up in these  another links. Just in one.

The case is, I have some Entities, listed by name, with links to edit,
remove e show details (Using AjaxDirectLink, like the flags on Tacos), and a

Re: popup LinkSubmit

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.