Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ilango_g <il...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/01 16:39:17 UTC

where can I place ldap.properties (Apache DS) in Geronimo

Hi
I am trying to configure the Apache DS LDAP server for Geronimo. I have an
ldap.properties specific to Apache DS. Where should I place this file in
Geronimo?

thanks
ilango

Re: where can I place ldap.properties (Apache DS) in Geronimo

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On May 1, 2008, at 7:39 AM, ilango_g wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to configure the Apache DS LDAP server for Geronimo. I
> have an
> ldap.properties specific to Apache DS. Where should I place this
> file in
> Geronimo?

Configuring ApacheDS depends on which version of geronimo and which
version of ApacheDS you are trying to use.  Geronimo 1.1.x contains a
pre-1.0 ApacheDS instance.  Geronimo 2.0.x does not contain ApacheDS
and there is no plugin for installing it: I don't know how to run
ApacheDS in Geronimo 2.0.x instances.  Geronimo 2.1 has a separate
ApacheDS plugin using version 1.5.1 IIRC.  Some tweaking may be
required to get the plugin to run in 2.1.1.

What is in your ldap.properties file?

thanks
david jencks