Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Ramana Polavarapu <sr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/06 12:11:55 UTC

[classlib] Calendar.getMinimalDaysInFirstWeek()

Dear All:

The default behavior of Harmony differs from that of RI.  RI returns 1 and
Harmony returns 4.  The documentation does not specify any particular value.
This is not a bug.  Shall we change it or ignore it?  Thank you.

Regards,

Ramana

import java.util.GregorianCalendar;

public class CalendarTest {

GregorianCalendar c = new GregorianCalendar();

System.out.println(c.getMinimalDaysInFirstWeek());

}

}

Re: [classlib] Calendar.getMinimalDaysInFirstWeek()

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.
At a minimum, log an issue in JIRA and if we decide it's fine the way
it is, we can mark it as a non-bug RI difference.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 06/Nov/2009 11:11, Ramana Polavarapu wrote:
> The default behavior of Harmony differs from that of RI.  RI returns 1 and
> Harmony returns 4.  The documentation does not specify any particular value.
> This is not a bug.  Shall we change it or ignore it?  Thank you.

What a strange method anyway.  The Javadoc requires reading three times
to understand what it is supposed to do, and it isn't about to win any
prizes for good grammar,

"Gets what the minimal days required in the first week of the year are"

The information should come from the underlying locale data, but I'm
surprised that the return value is ever anything other than 1 or 7 <shrug/>.

Assuming that Harmony is picking it up from the latest CLDR data, I
propose we just flag it as a non-bug difference.

Regards,
Tim