Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Lenz <ML...@piercemfg.com> on 2002/12/12 22:46:09 UTC

Context Mapping

I have Tomcat installed and have started to write some JSP's.  I looked at
my logs today and saw this everytime I accessed a JSP:

2002-12-12 14:02:20 StandardContext[/czis]: Mapping contextPath='/czis'
with requestURI='/czis/index.jsp' and relativeURI='/index.jsp'
2002-12-12 14:02:20 StandardContext[/czis]:   Trying exact match
2002-12-12 14:02:20 StandardContext[/czis]:   Trying prefix match
2002-12-12 14:02:20 StandardContext[/czis]:   Trying extension match
2002-12-12 14:02:20 StandardContext[/czis]:  Mapped to servlet 'jsp' with
servlet path '/index.jsp' and path info 'null' and update=true

I have a context like this:
<Context path="/czis" docBase="czis" debug="3" swallowOutput="true">

Shouldn't it match the context instead of the extension?  Or am I being
paranoid and Tomcat is doing exactly what it should?

Mark Lenz
(920) 832-3523
mlenz@piercemfg.com
The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential
information and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above, and may be privileged. If the reader of this messages is not the
you have received this transmission in error, please contact the sender
immediately, delete this material from your computer and destroy all
related paper media. Please note that the documents transmitted are not
intended to be binding until a hard copy has been manually signed by all
parties.
Thank you.

Re: Context Mapping

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
This output occurs when Tomcat try to match element defined under
<servlet-mapping> in the web.xml. How have you defined the
<servlet-mapping> element?

-- Jeanfrancois