Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/06 17:25:27 UTC

On 06/04/2010, Bruno Melloni <Br...@chickasaw.net> wrote:
> Thanks Phil,
>
>  My apologies on the missing [dbcp] prefix.  This is the first time I use the mailing list and I followed the 'mailing lists' link from the DBCP project without giving it much thought.  I didn't realize that the dbcp mailing list was shared across all of the commons projects.

AFAICT, this is true of all the auto-generated mailing list pages,
including the commons-site one.

So it's not surprising that users often fail to use the appropriate prefix.

There does not appear to be any way to add any header text to the
mailing list report, nor to change the existing text.

As the mailing lists are shared, and changes are rarely needed, maybe
one solution would be to create an ordinary page on commons-site, and
link all the projects to that.

Thoughts?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Brent Worden <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Niall Pemberton
> <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe we just need to have commons-build gen a mailing list page
>>> that includes the text and replace the maven default.
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=931536
>>
>> Niall
>>

> Would there be any benefit to including a subject with the correct
> moniker in the Post URL's?

Good idea, thanks - done:

Niall

Posted by Brent Worden <br...@gmail.com>.