Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2009/05/19 04:33:47 UTC

[blueprint] itests failing with NoClassDefFoundError

Trying to get a clean build on the blueprint code.  Getting several
errors due to what seems like an invalid bundle config.

ERROR: Error starting file:bundles/blueprint-core_1.0.0.SNAPSHOT.jar
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
5: package; (&(package=org.osgi.service.blueprint.reflect)
(version>=1.0.0)))
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle 5:
package; (&(package=org.osgi.service.blueprint.reflect)(version>=1.0.0))
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3090)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1439)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:984)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:
263)

I'm guessing that 1.0.0.SNAPSHOT is considered greater than 1.0.0 and
something else is going on.

What's the trick to getting these tests to run?

-David

Re: [blueprint] itests failing with NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
We don't use blueprint-core in the integration tests, we only use the
blueprint-bundle which includes all the dependencies.
Do you have a bit more of the maven build log ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [blueprint] itests failing with NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
FYI - I just cleaned out my local repo and gave it a shot - my build was
still successful - so that doesn't appear to be the cause of the problem.

Joe

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Well, I guess it must be something in settings ... so I don't have to
give you my computer  :-)  I hit the failure with the script.

Joe

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Is your pom in ~/.m2/repository without any other location defined in
~/.m2/settings.xml ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I've fixed the issue, though your script does not work.
The following one seems to work ok:

#!/bin/bash
TMP=/tmp/$USER-$RANDOM
mkdir $TMP &&
cd $TMP &&
svn -q co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/blueprint &&
cd blueprint &&
mvn -v &&
mvn --settings /dev/null clean install -Dmaven.repo.local=$TMP/repo

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.