Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Klotz <pk...@iconet.wn.bawue.de> on 2003/02/06 15:16:25 UTC

How to use LuceneXMLIndexer?

Hi,

first please don't answer with see the search web app in the Cocoon
distribution, I looked at that very thoroughly.
But I'm still not clear what role the LuceneXMLIndexer plays.
Can anybody please give an example?

I think that the build(URL url) method of LuceneXMLIndexer  returns a List
of Document. But the CocoonLuceneIndexer does not take a list of documents
but a directory and there seems not to be a way to construct a directory
from Documents.

So when one has a Cocoon pipeline or maybe already XML files that one
wants to index. Am I right that principally I would create Lucene
Document's from the XML files using the LuceneXMLIndexer and then would
use the LuceneCocoonIndexer to create a index from the these Lucene
Documents.
But how exactly, the API docu is so unclear about this?
And the search webapp only uses LuceneXMLIndexer constants but not the
class itself and strange enough only in the search-index.xsp not the
create-index.xsp?

When I understand the search sample correctly it indexes all HMTL pages of
the Cocoon docu not XML files?

And finally the docu of the SearchGenerator of Cocoon talks about
configuring the component in cocoon.xconf. Has anybody a example?
I see the component in there so do I just globally put a <index></index>
configuration in there?

Thanks for any help,

Peter