Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Stephan Sann <ja...@lotk.de> on 2006/09/09 00:23:20 UTC

yaJamesManager 0.5 / A web-based James manager for user-administration

Hello all!

Just in case anybody has a need for it ;-)

I just finished my work on the initial version of "yaJamesManager".
It is web-based and offers all functions for the User-Administration:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yajamesmanager

Test-ride:
http://www.nameservice.biz/yajamesmanager/
(but you should better deploy the war-file on your own server)

How does it work?
It uses the James-Remote-Manager to process the admistration-tasks
(that's why you have to provide your Remote-Manager-Logindata).

Is this a good idea?
No - it's not very fast and it will break if the telnet-interface changes.
But almost every James-User will have the Remote-Manager installed and
will be able to use yaJamesManager.

Why doesn't it use the RMIRemoteManager?
Because I think almost nobody got this one flying...
I had a hard time even to get the build-script finish its job; at least
one class has to be fixed to actually compile and some .jar-files just
aren't there (even so I got myself the "with-phoenix-archive").
But if you're brave at heart, you can fill the class
de.lotk.yajamesmanager.business.ViaRmiRemoteManagerJamesManager
with life and change the
de.lotk.yajamesmanager.business.JamesManagerFactory
to return this one instead of the
de.lotk.yajamesmanager.business.ViaRemoteManagerJamesManager

It looks ugly!
I know. I'm not a designer. To change the look just edit the file
yajamesmanager/static/style/workbench.css

Enjoy!
Stephan