Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/20 10:28:49 UTC

testcompile: Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date (but they're not)

I had some suspious looking output:

- I changed 1 test java file
- I saved all files in eclipse
- I ran "mvn install", this is the output:

[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
=> ok

[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
=> not ok

I didn't have time to look into this closer, so I just ran a "mvn clean
install", but in any case I wanted to note it here, in case I am not the
only one seeing this.

Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.6.0
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"

java version "1.6.0_02"

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: testcompile: Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date (but they're not)

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
2007/8/20, Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>:

> [INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
> [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
> => not ok

No, it's normal. By default, eclipse compile your java source classe when
you save it.
Modify you test java file with an external editor or uncheck Build
Automatically (in the Project menu of Eclipse) and try your test again.

Rémy