Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/02/07 18:09:40 UTC

RE: [seda] Re: SEDA

Craig,

You spoke about getting some of this SEDA stuff over to the
commons.

> could be packaged (perhaps in some sort of "commons" or "infrastructure"
> release) separately, so that it could be used as the basis for any sort of
> network server application.

I had this stuff tucked away in a sandbox somewhere and finally
encountered it again as I was cleaning up.  If you want we could
move it over to the commons sandbox and start looking at adding
some of Berlin's ideas down the road.

Here's where the code is:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/eve/trunk/eve/frontend
/common/api/src/java/org/apache/eve/seda/?root=Apache-SVN

I can clean it up and massage it over with some docs and change the
coding standards to be Jakarta standards based before moving it over.

Also keep in mind this is a very simple toolkit for implementing stages
and not all of SEDA.  It's for getting SEDA's core benefits not the fancy
stuff that is used to dynamically reroute events et cetera.  It's really
simple stuff.  You have a stage made of an event queue, a thread pool,
and has a driver thread with a handler.  Some ancillary interfaces and
classes are there for support tool.  Again nothing big here but it's a
place to start.

> Craig McClanahan

Let me know what you'd like to do with it.

Alex