Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2003/04/17 18:00:48 UTC

RE: [validator] validating that date is at least 5 business days from day

> Is it possible to validate (using the validator rather than in my validate
> method) that a date entered is at least 5 business days from today?

I'm sure you could write a custom validator for that.  Are you asking
whether such a thing already exists, or for help with a custom method?

It would be easy for me since my database stores dates as integers and my
custom date validation is a matter of converting what the user entered into
internal format and checking to see if I got an integer. ;)  I imagine it
will be more complicated in Java, especially if you have to consider
localization and time zones.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.

RE: [validator] validating that date is at least 5 business days from day

Posted by Mark Galbreath <ma...@qat.com>.
Why waste the bandwidth?  Use the Date() method in JavaScript.

Mark