Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2015/07/09 09:18:22 UTC

Deprecated the Conversion Library

Since the UnitOfWork now provides a more integrated solution to conversion
between Entities and Values, the Conversion Library has no real purpose.

However, I have one small app still using it, and instead of simply
removing it, I am deprecating it and will be dropped in 3.0

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Deprecated the Conversion Library

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Some use-cases:

- don't expose the whole state (eg. password hashes)
- computed/transformed state (eg. entity state ~ value state)

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> No it doesn't, but then I think we should spend the time to find the
> additional solutions to support these usecases in the primary
> toEntity/toValue mechanism. And with the deprecation, it is clear that
> these cases will have to get some work prior to 3.0.
>
> Makes sense?
Yep, I'm good with that!

Re: Deprecated the Conversion Library

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
No it doesn't, but then I think we should spend the time to find the
additional solutions to support these usecases in the primary
toEntity/toValue mechanism. And with the deprecation, it is clear that
these cases will have to get some work prior to 3.0.

Makes sense?

Niclas

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Niclas,