Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Alexander Hartmaier <Al...@t-systems.at> on 2002/06/25 12:36:46 UTC

Embperl 2.0b8 & Apache 2.0

Hi!

I've updates DBI to version 1.28 (from 1.21) and since then httpd doesn't start
any more (no entry in the logs....).

Now i started updating all other modules also and saw Embperl 2.0b8...
My problem is that Embperl detect mod_perl2 although it isn't installed!
I installed apache 2.0.34 month ago but uninstalled it again since embperl
didn't work with it at that time.
But Embperl 2.0b8 still detects it.

What can I do that Embperl doesn't thinks I've got apache 2 (with mod_perl2)
installed???

THX Alex

Re: Embperl 2.0b8 & Apache 2.0

Posted by Gerald Richter - ecos gmbh <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi!

> I've updates DBI to version 1.28 (from 1.21) and since then httpd doesn't
start
> any more (no entry in the logs....).
>
> Now i started updating all other modules also and saw Embperl 2.0b8...
> My problem is that Embperl detect mod_perl2 although it isn't installed!
> I installed apache 2.0.34 month ago but uninstalled it again since embperl
> didn't work with it at that time.
> But Embperl 2.0b8 still detects it.
>
> What can I do that Embperl doesn't thinks I've got apache 2 (with
mod_perl2)
> installed???

Embperl's Makefile.PL trys to load Apache::BuildConfig, which is part of
mod_perl2. If this is successfull it configures for mod_perl 2. So go to
your Perl site_lib directory and delete Apache/BuildConfig.pm.

Gerald