Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Artamonov, Juri" <ja...@fusionone.com> on 2007/04/12 12:27:22 UTC

[VFS] Execute operation on a FileObject

Hi Guys,

I have instance of FileObject and I would like to start the associated file.

Do you know if there is and implemented execute operation on a FileObject object?

Thanks,

                  Juri.

Re: [VFS] Execute operation on a FileObject

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

First, please don't cross post between dev and user list ... uhmm ... do
not cross post at all .... stay on the user list.

> I have instance of FileObject and I would like to start the associated file.
>
> Do you know if there is and implemented execute operation on a FileObject object?

VFS do not support any native call, so you can't do something else than
get the filename of your fileObject and use java.lang.Runtime.exec or
use the JDIC [1] project which allows a more integrated way how to start
files, e.g. urls staring a browser, doc files starting word etc

Hope this helps.
Ciao,
Mario

[1] https://jdic.dev.java.net/