Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jim King <Ji...@simplivity.com> on 2016/05/02 20:02:04 UTC

Unstable builds - what's happening?

We have 94 (or more) pull requests outstanding and they have all failed.
What's being done to address it?  I haven't seen any action taken in many days now.

James E. King, III
Architect
8 Technology Drive, 2nd Floor
Westborough, MA 01581-1756
Ph: 855-SVT-INFO
PRIVACY STATEMENT:
This message is a PRIVATE communication.  This message and all attachments are a private communication sent by SimpliVity and are considered to be confidential or protected by privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

Re: Unstable builds - what's happening?

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
have not been able to track this down, if someone else knows jenkins-foo
and which setting is missing please let me know. currently when we do a
pull request it triggers the jenkins plugin, but it is failing with

 > git config remote.origin.url https://github.com/apache/thrift.git #
timeout=10
Fetching upstream changes from https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
 > git -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress
https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
 > git config core.sparsecheckout # timeout=10
 > git checkout -f origin/master # timeout=10
 > git branch -a # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.1.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.2.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.3.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.4.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.5.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.6.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.7.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.8.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.9.1^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.9.2^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.9.3^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/0.9.x^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/master^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse remotes/origin/py-compiler^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git checkout -b master origin/master
  Opening connection
    Done: 0
  Counting objects
    Done: 124
  Finding sources
    Done: 124
  Getting sizes
    Done: 67
  Compressing objects
    Done: 146908
  Writing objects
    Done: 124
  remote: Resolving deltas
  remote: Updating references
Merging refs/tags/changes/450
 > git rev-parse refs/tags/changes/450^{commit} # timeout=10
FATAL: Command "git rev-parse refs/tags/changes/450^{commit}" returned
status code 128:
stdout: refs/tags/changes/450^{commit}

If I issue a rebuild of that same build by hand it works

Fetching upstream changes from https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
 > git --version # timeout=10
 > git -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress
https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
 > git config remote.origin.url https://github.com/apache/thrift.git #
timeout=10
 > git config --add remote.origin.fetch
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* # timeout=10
 > git config remote.origin.url https://github.com/apache/thrift.git #
timeout=10
Fetching upstream changes from https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
 > git -c core.askpass=true fetch --tags --progress
https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
 > git rev-parse refs/remotes/origin/master^{commit} # timeout=10
 > git rev-parse refs/remotes/origin/origin/master^{commit} # timeout=10
Checking out Revision ea0da97d44d1f9e367303c66cc55e825ed419260
(refs/remotes/origin/master)

Posted by Jim King <Ji...@simplivity.com>.
It would be ideal to have the build pull master, fetch the incoming, merge it, and build that.  That way you know the result is good.

Posted by Aki Sukegawa <ns...@apache.org>.