Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Scott Dean <ps...@ncsu.edu> on 2017/03/01 16:58:44 UTC

getting error when loading a results file; how do I get more details?

I have run my tests in non-gui mode and generated a results file.  I am now
trying to pull the results into a summary report listener and getting a
error message in Result File Loader: "Error loading result file -- see log
file".  When I look in the jmeter.log file, all I see is "WARN -
jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector: Problem reading JTL: <name of the
file>".  I am assuming that this is the log file I am supposed to look in.
In addition, I get the error when "Include group name in label?" is checked
but I do not  when that setting is not checked.

 Is there anything I can do to get more info about the error, like a
setting that will give more verbose log output?  I am running jmeter with a
heap size of 2048m and the result file is 81.6 MB.

Thanks

-- Scott Dean
   North Carolina State University
   Raleigh NC.

Re: getting error when loading a results file; how do I get more details?

Posted by Scott Dean <ps...@ncsu.edu>.
The transaction controller "voucher nav/create/submit" has neither
"Generate parent sample" nor "Included duration of timer and pre-post
processors in generated sample" checked.  It does contain 5 sub transaction
controlers that have "Generate parent sample" checked, 1 sub transaction
controller without "Generate parent sample" checked, and two Test Actions
set to Pause (duration = 0), which contain Uniform Random Timers (to
represent "think time").  All in all within the contained sub transaction
controllers, there are about 200 HTTP Request samplers.

Is that the info you are looking for?

Thanks!

-- Scott Dean

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: getting error when loading a results file; how do I get more details?

Posted by Scott Dean <ps...@ncsu.edu>.
In line

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,
> [...]

> > >results file or if the data was passed back to the jmeter master
> > >instance
> > >for the master to actually write to the results file.  In addition, I
> > >was
> > >loadtesting as part of an application upgrade project where we are also
> > >moving from Solaris-based servers to linux-based servers.  I was
> > >loadtesting against upgraded application and my time windows for
> > >running
> > >tests has expired.  The system has wiped and rebuilt in preparation for
> > >going live later this week.  I cannot go back and retest anything at
> > >this
> > >point.
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> > >
> > >-- Scott Dean
> > >   NC State University
> > >
> > >On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Philippe Mouawad

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: getting error when loading a results file; how do I get more details?

Posted by Scott Dean <ps...@ncsu.edu>.

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Posted by Scott Dean <ps...@ncsu.edu>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Again,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: getting error when loading a results file; how do I get more details?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: getting error when loading a results file; how do I get more details?

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 02.03.2017 um 17:09 schrieb Felix Schumacher:

> Am 2. M�rz 2017 17:02:47 MEZ schrieb Scott Dean <ps...@ncsu.edu>:
>> Found the problem.  It was a data error in the .csv results file.  One
>> of
>> the lines did not have a value for Group Name and this caused the
>> import to
>> fail when there was no value to add to the append to the label value.
>> No
>> clue why there was no thread group name for the record or how to
>> reproduce
>> the bad result data.
> Could you check, if the group name can be found on another line nearby? I have a bad feeling, that the writing of the CSV file might not be done in a thread safe way.
Writing of CSV data was not threadsafe. Should be corrected now by
https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60818

Felix

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Posted by Scott Dean <ps...@ncsu.edu>.