Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chessknightt <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/31 03:25:57 UTC

org.apache.catalina.connector.Response causing OOM error

Hi All,
My very 1st posting to the group.
We have a web application that is running JDK 1.6.0_07 on Tomcat 5.5.26 on a
RedHat kernel 2.6
and we see time and again OutOfMemory errors. When analyzing the resulted
.hprof file we
see the following class hierarchy a major reason for the OutOfMemory:

           Class Name
Number of Objects            %Heap Retained
         _____________
_________________           ______________
 org.apache.catalina.connector.Response                              55
60%
             org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer
                                                               byte[]

Is there a known Tomcat bug causing this memory leak? Any pointers would be
very much appreciated.

RE: org.apache.catalina.connector.Response causing OOM error

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: chessknightt [mailto:chessknightt@yahoo.com]
> Subject: org.apache.catalina.connector.Response causing OOM error

> running JDK 1.6.0_07 on Tomcat 5.5.26 on a RedHat kernel 2.6

Thanks for providing the environment info.  One more item: 32- or 64-bit JVM?

> Is there a known Tomcat bug causing this memory leak?

No.

> Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

How big is your heap?  Is the OOME really an out of main heap condition, or is it one of the other possible causes, such as PermGen, open file descriptors, etc.?  (There's usually some auxiliary info along with the OOME.)

Are you trying to send a particularly large response?

- Chuck