Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Willy Reinhardt <wr...@novell.com> on 2005/04/22 09:20:13 UTC

Rép. : Re: How to transform a block or inline in uppercase

Hi,

I would not use translate because it may not translate correctlly some character .
see http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#function-translate

Willy

-----------------------------------
Cambridge Technology and Partners
Willy Reinhardt
Air Center
Ch. des coquelicots 16
CH-1214 Vernier
Phone: +41 22 306 47 24
Fax: +41 22 306 47 47
http://www.ctp.com
>>> Louis.Masters@log-net.com 21/04/05 14:55 >>>

Willy:

Why not use xsl's translate?  I have something like (upper to lower):

 translate($something,'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ','abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz')

Am I missing the point?

-Lou

                      "Willy
                      Reinhardt"               To:      <fo...@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
                      <wreinhardt@nove         cc:
                      ll.com>                  Subject: How to transform a block or inline in uppercase

                      04/21/2005 04:17
                      Please respond
                      to fop-users

Hi,

I would set a text in uppercase I have no problem if I would use small-caps
but all characters in capitale with the same size I don't found a clean
solution (the solution xsl function translate isn't enough).

text-transform="uppercase" can't be use with block or inline and
font-variant hasn't value for full capitale.

How may I solve that issue with FOP ?

Thanks for any suggestions

Willy