Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Lee <DL...@irf.com> on 2004/11/27 00:14:27 UTC

How to add a request filter for TC5.5.3? It was working for TC5.0.29!

Dear Folks,

I have a test request filter on TC5.0.29. It is defined in server.xml as
follows and it works:

conf\server.xml:

 <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0">
 <Valve className="com.oreilly.tomcat.valves.BadInputFilterValve"
 deny="\x00,\x04,\x08,\x0a,\x0d"/>
 </Context>

How do I move this context into TC5.5.3, I tried to put it into
conf\context.xml file and I saw
the errors when I started TC5.5.3. I struggle for a while and still
don't know how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any help

David Lee

Re: How to add a request filter for TC5.5.3? It was working for TC5.0.29!

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:14:27 -0800, David Lee <dl...@irf.com> wrote:
> Dear Folks,
>
> I have a test request filter on TC5.0.29. It is defined in server.xml as
> follows and it works:
>
> conf\server.xml:
>
>  <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0">
>  <Valve className="com.oreilly.tomcat.valves.BadInputFilterValve"
>  deny="\x00,\x04,\x08,\x0a,\x0d"/>
>  </Context>
>
> How do I move this context into TC5.5.3, I tried to put it into
> conf\context.xml file and I saw
> the errors when I started TC5.5.3. I struggle for a while and still
> don't know how to do it?

The Valve API was slightly changed in 5.5. This is likely what causes
the errors you see.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Valves (and other custom components, like Realms) written for TC 5.0.x will
at the very least have to be re-compiled to work for TC 5.5.x.  More likely,
there will have to be code changes to make them work.  That's just the price
you pay for relying on TC internals ;-).