Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sarah Zou <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/03 21:09:28 UTC

PLEASE HELP! How can I make Tomcat see DB2 jdbc driver?

Hi All,
   I am using Tomcat 4.1.29 and DB2 8.1.  I try to use the servlet
below to see if it can find DB2 jdbc driver:
public class Test extends HttpServlet {

public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException
{ super.init(config); }

public void service(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response)
{
   try{
       Class.forName ("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver").newInstance ();
   } catch (Exception e) {
    System.err.println ("\n  Error loading DB2 Driver...\n" + e);
   }
   }
}

I have tried to put db2java.zip in Tomcat common\lib or
webapp\web-inf\lib.  Also I tried to add db2java.zip  to "set classpath" in
catalina.bat in Tomcat bin.   It didnot work.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Sarah

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

Re: PLEASE HELP! How can I make Tomcat see DB2 jdbc driver?

Posted by Ilari Kontinen <ik...@cc.hut.fi>.
ke, 2003-12-03 kello 22:09, Sarah Zou wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I am using Tomcat 4.1.29 and DB2 8.1.  I try to use the servlet
> below to see if it can find DB2 jdbc driver:
> I have tried to put db2java.zip in Tomcat common\lib or
> webapp\web-inf\lib.  Also I tried to add db2java.zip  to "set classpath" in
> catalina.bat in Tomcat bin.   It didnot work.
> Your help will be very much appreciated.

Tomcat will only look for .jar-packages, so change the type of the
package, and place it in one or the other directory.

PLEASE HELP! How can I make Tomcat see DB2 jdbc driver?

Posted by Sarah Zou <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
   A thousand thanks to everyone for the help!  I have made it work!

Cheers,

Sarah

Freek Woerts <f....@chello.nl> wrote:
Hello Sarah,