Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 17:39:48 UTC

YARN ResourceManager Hostname in HA configuration

How do I configure the “yarn.resourcemanager.hostname” property when in an HA configuration?

It seems that this property will configure how the UI knits together the node/application/timeline/etc UIs into a seamless experience.  The issue I come across is that this property seems to only accept a single address?  How do I specify the “ha.rm-ids” or similar for this property in the case that my active resource manager transitions to standby?  If I omit this property, it defaults to 0.0.0.0 which is also incorrect for the cluster setup.

If there is a failover, how does the resource manager UI handle this without a config update and restart of the appropriate services?

Matt

Re: YARN ResourceManager Hostname in HA configuration

Posted by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com>.
Correct.  This is for client communication to the cluster.

I’m talking about “yarn.resourcemanager.hostname” which is still used to construct the composite UI, it seems.

mn

Posted by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com>.