Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2005/12/21 22:42:16 UTC

Greylisting enhancements (was: US winning war on spam ?!?!?!)

--On Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:39 PM -0500 Matt Kettler
<mk...@evi-inc.com> wrote:

> Perhaps a better term is "selective greylisting"
>
> I'm Using milter-greylists's acls. My default is to whitelist (ie: not
> greylist) but I have an extensive set of ACLs that use regexes to
> greylist most dialup hosts, and hosts with no RDNS. I also greylist all
> of apnic and lacnic by IP.

Interesting idea.

Over on the MIMEDefang list we came up with an idea for "distributed"
greylisting, in which one shares one's learned white list via a reverse
DNSBL. Others can then use regular DNSBL mechanisms with trusted peers to
allow newcomers to bypass one's greylisting.