Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Jeff Blattman <Je...@Sun.COM> on 2006/01/31 01:24:06 UTC

proposal + patch: atom admin publishing protocol

updated proposal document is here:
http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_AAPP

in the patch, the code lives in sandbox/atomadminprotocol. i am a little
unclear about whether this is the right location. ultimately, i would
need this to be part of the roller binary distribution, but i would be
happy to have it living in sandbox for a while until folks have time to
play with it and comment. i would like this to be added to the trunk,
AFTER the 2.1 branch is created ... to be targeted for 2.2, or whatever
dot or major release follows 2.1.

to play with this, use the blogapps example auth*.sh scripts. there are
a few sample input files under sandbox/atomadminprotocol/test for users,
weblogs, and members. for example:

[jtb@punk::~/roller/blogapps-examples/java/ch08/dist/blogclient]
./authget.sh jtb iplanet http://suntoy:8080/roller/aapp
[jtb@punk::~/roller/blogapps-examples/java/ch08/dist/blogclient]
./authpost.sh jtb iplanet .../user-test1.xml
http://suntoy:8080/roller/aapp/users

etc.

the patch also includes some changes to project.xml. i think, this can
be attributed to me adding the src/atomadminprotocol directory to the
list of src directories. i am not sure what the policy is on making
changes to project.xml.

thanks.

Re: OK with AAPP to sandbox? (Re: proposal + patch: atom admin publishing protocol

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
+1, but we need to ge ta software grant from Jeff.

Hen

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
+1

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks for the patch Jeff. I'm taking a look at it now.