Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Eliot Sykes <el...@Rightmove.co.uk> on 2002/12/18 16:00:08 UTC

Action chaining configuration file

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has felt the need to chain actions together,
and if so, what approaches have you taken?  Can anyone foresee any problems
with or does anybody have a different solution to extending Turbine Servlet
to use an external properties file for specifying the action chains?

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Eliot

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.

Re: Action chaining configuration file

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
Hi Eliot,

I have never had the need to chain action modules and (depending on
your requirements of course) I think there are better ways to design an
application.

You can have a BaseAction class and put your methods in it and then
have other actions extend it to get the functionality they need.

A better approach, IMHO, is to place all your database access logic
within the methods of a service, so that you can call these methods
from any action within the system.

It would be good if you could explain your requirements in more detail.

Regards,

-- Rodney