Posted to users@camel.apache.org by chrisbio <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/31 10:04:07 UTC

How waitting a acknowledge from equipment

Hi, I'm a beginner to use appache-camel.

I need your help to finish my application.

My camel application  sends commands to an equipment over TCP protocol.
After few seconds I receive an ACK from my equipment but on another link
(UDP protocol).

I think using the pollEnrich function to wait for my acknowledge but I do
not know if this is the best solution.

Thank you for your help.

Re: How waitting a acknowledge from equipment

Posted by chrisbio <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I think I will create a specific component.

Thank you for your help and quick response.

Re: How waitting a acknowledge from equipment

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Maybe build a custom component that does this communication over TCP
and waits for that UDP reply.

You can look at Netty how to build the network code for such thing.
Or Apache Mina 2 but Netty is more popular.

Do not use the exisitng Camel mina/netty components as they are not
designed for your TCP / UDP special use case.

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 12:04 PM, chrisbio <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm a beginner to use appache-camel.
>
> I need your help to finish my application.
>
> My camel application  sends commands to an equipment over TCP protocol.
> After few seconds I receive an ACK from my equipment but on another link
> (UDP protocol).
>
> I think using the pollEnrich function to wait for my acknowledge but I do
> not know if this is the best solution.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus