Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com> on 2011/01/18 02:25:04 UTC

Re: Creating a new empty project.

That does appear to be a minimal set of modules.

Note that the Extras module can probably be removed if you get rid of
the web.xml endpoints that it registers.  At some point it might be
nice to move everything to guice-servlet to simplify this.

--
Paul Lindner -- lindner@inuus.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner

Re: Creating a new empty project.

Posted by Sean Kane <se...@gmail.com>.
I have basically the same question, but I'm a little more lost on the solution.  I think it's a lack of maven knowledge that is slowing me down.  I'm working on that, but I need to get a maven project that depends on shindig setup quickly, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I followed the recomendation below and checked out the cmis-binding project.  The first problem I ran into was that the jetty plugin was renamed, so I changed :

"<artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>" to "<artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>". (from: http://code.google.com/p/oauth/issues/detail?id=67)

When I try to build I get the following:

> 1) org.apache.shindig:shindig-extras:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.shindig -DartifactId=shindig-extras -Dversion=3.0.0-20110118.150638-27 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.shindig -DartifactId=shindig-extras -Dversion=3.0.0-20110118.150638-27 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>   Path to dependency:
>   	1) org.apache.shindig:cmis-binding:war:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
>   	2) org.apache.shindig:shindig-extras:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Do I need to build the shindig project and deploy the artifacts to my maven repository (nexus), or could someone tell me what proxy endpoint I'm missing.  I've done some google searching and though I do see some recent threads about 3.0 being deployed, I think I have my repository endpoint setup wrong or something, because I can't seem to get this to build.

Thanks,

Sean