Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by "ssivikt@gmail.com" <ss...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 15:47:08 UTC

Template builder with no predefined hardware profiles

Hi all. The cloud compute provider I faced with (ProfitBricks) doesn't
have any predefined hardware profiles. Does it mean I need to have my
own /TemplateBuilder/ implementation since base /TemplateBuilderImpl/
will throw an exception if there is no hardware profiles to satisfy user
requirements?
The thing is that users can set any cpu/ram values for their node. Of
course, there are a certain limits on cpus and ram, but user can choose
any configuration in these bounds.

As for now I see the following solution - is to override
/org.jclouds.compute.domain.internal.TemplateBuilderImpl#build()/
method. I cannot just override
/org.jclouds.compute.domain.internal.TemplateBuilderImpl#/resolveHardware()
since build method expects not empty set of hardware profiles.

How do you think, is it ok ?

Re: Template builder with no predefined hardware profiles

Posted by "ssivikt@gmail.com" <ss...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Andrew, I went with defining my own TemplateBuilder. Sincerely
I jump between IRC and mailing list.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.