Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Timothee Maret <tm...@apache.org> on 2016/12/20 13:55:01 UTC

Skipping structural/security resources from user content

Hi,

I would need to setup ACLs in AEM for the Sling tenant module such that the
sling-tenant service user can read/write under /etc/tenants.
Currently, the TenantProvider considers anything under /etc/tenants as a
tenant (including ACL resources such as rep:policy).

I think we could generally solve this in either of the following ways

1. Allow the TenantProvider to skip a configurable list of resource names
when listing tenants ; or
2. Use the Jackrabbit support for ACL glob restrictions and set the ACE
under /etc instead of /etc/tenants

Going the 1. route is easy, but I am expecting the pattern occurs in many
modules and it may be complex to maintain the duplicated configurations.
Going the 2. route may be better, but we'd need support for specifying glob
restrictions in repoinit.

What pattern makes most sense ?

Regards,

Timothee

Re: Skipping structural/security resources from user content

Posted by Timothee Maret <tm...@apache.org>.
Hi Bertrand,

It seems there was a concurrent need for this feature :-)
Thanks for sharing the JIRA reference and proposing a syntax!

I think the best is to support the generic one, let's discuss in the issue.

Regards,

Timothee

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.