Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Lorenzo Moretti <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/04 17:47:43 UTC

HttpClient 4.0 alpha 2 and HttpCore 4 beta 1

Hi,

I am currently using both the HttpClient (issuing GET requests) and HttpCore (using nio and ssl extensions). I would like to use the latest HttpCore but the compatible client is not released yet. However I think that the necessary code changes have already been committed:

a) HTTPCLIENT-702 was handled by
svn diff -r 576068:595948 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/DefaultResponseParser.java

b) HTTPCLIENT-703 was handled by
svn diff -r 569782:595948 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/auth/RFC2617Scheme.java

c) HTTPCORE-136
svn diff -r 604866:609315 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/ClientParamsStack.java

My questions are:
1) Is the release of HttpClient 4 alpha 3 scheduled in the near future ?
2) Can I use the changes listed above to build an HttpClient compatible with the latest HttpCore or the changes to HttpCore are so extensive that even the most basic of functionalities (working with GET requests) are very likely to fail ?

Thanks for your time,

-- Lorenzo

RE: HttpClient 4.0 alpha 2 and HttpCore 4 beta 1

Posted by Lorenzo Moretti <mo...@hotmail.com>.
> Subject: Re: HttpClient 4.0 alpha 2 and HttpCore 4 beta 1
> From: olegk@apache.org
> To: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 18:16:48 +0100
>

> Hi Lorenzo
>
> There are still 5 outstanding issues targeted for alpha3
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311033
>
> I believe we should be able to close those issues and get the release
> out the door until the end of the month.

It sounds perfectly reasonable. My needs out of the HttpClient are so simple that for the time being I will revert to version 3.1

Thanks for the reply,

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 16:47 +0000, Lorenzo Moretti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using both the HttpClient (issuing GET requests) and HttpCore (using nio and ssl extensions). I would like to use the latest HttpCore but the compatible client is not released yet. However I think that the necessary code changes have already been committed:
>
> a) HTTPCLIENT-702 was handled by
> svn diff -r 576068:595948 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/DefaultResponseParser.java
>
> b) HTTPCLIENT-703 was handled by
> svn diff -r 569782:595948 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/auth/RFC2617Scheme.java
>
> c) HTTPCORE-136
> svn diff -r 604866:609315 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/ClientParamsStack.java
>
> My questions are:
> 1) Is the release of HttpClient 4 alpha 3 scheduled in the near future ?

Hi Lorenzo

There are still 5 outstanding issues targeted for alpha3

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311033

I believe we should be able to close those issues and get the release
out the door until the end of the month.

> 2) Can I use the changes listed above to build an HttpClient compatible with the latest HttpCore or the changes to HttpCore are so extensive that even the most basic of functionalities (working with GET requests) are very likely to fail ?

HttpClient trunk is based on HttpCore 4.0b1. If you get the latest SVN
snapshot, you can run it with the official release of HttpCore.

Alternatively, if you use Maven as a build tool for your code, you can
pull the latest snapshots out of this repository:

http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/

Hope this helps somewhat

Oleg