Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Akbar Munir <na...@akbarmunir.com> on 2007/03/02 15:24:33 UTC

Using RemoteDelivery mailet for users that do not have local accounts

The email server that my company uses reside on external server, accessible
only through internet. If the connectivity goes down, even local emails sent
from one user to another can not go in or out. So I am trying to use James
for a backup server with FetchMail enabled. The idea is to create the
accounts of all those users who want to have local access to email and use
FetchMail to get their mail from actual mail server listening on company's
domain.

The problem is that there may be some users who do not have accounts on
James but will still have accounts on company's domain. Is there a matcher
which gives me the mail going out for a user that does not have local
account but has local domain? Basically I want access to something inverse
of "RecipientIsLocal" matcher and intend to use "RemoteDelivery" mailet to
route all mails for users not having account on James to company's primary
email server.