Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi> on 2001/10/12 17:47:26 UTC

Axis installation problem

Hi All,

I am experiencing some problems with AXIS/SOAP. The setup I have is:
Apache1.3, Tomcat3.2.2, Java1.3. I have followed the installation
instructions, but unfortunately I do not get things running as they
should. Below you will find the error message I get, when I try one of
the examples.

It seems that the server is running (else I would not get a message as
the one below, right?). I don't think it has something to do with
Tomcart (since I am running Cocoon2 as well, without problems). So, I
suppose there is some Axis problem (read: I do something wrong). I
should mention that I am very new to SOAP/AXIS so I am still in the
learning phase.

I have been trying to locate an archive for axis-user somewhere,
assuming that somebody else may have had a similar problem, but I could
not find it. Does it already exist? I hope that one of you can give me a
clue what to look for. Clearly, it cannot the find the service. Is it
because the server is not running after all? If so, how to find out if
the server is running? E.g. is there a logfile?

Thank you,
Andre

---------
juffer@ajuffer-dsl:~/axis-1_0/samples/stock> ./testit.sh
Deploy everything first
Processing file: deploy.xml
<ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <ns1:faultcode
xmlns:ns4="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns4:Server.NoService</ns1:f
aultcode>
    <ns1:faultstring>The Axis engine couldn't find a target service to
invoke! targetS
ervice is AdminService</ns1:faultstring>
   </ns1:Fault>

These next 2 should work...
samples/stock/GetQuote
samples/stock/GetQuote
The rest of these should fail... (nicely of course)
samples/stock/GetQuote
samples/stock/GetQuote
samples/stock/GetQuote
This should work but print debug info on the client and server
samples/stock/GetQuote
Processing file: undeploy.xml
<ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <ns1:faultcode
xmlns:ns4="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns4:Server.NoService</ns1:f
aultcode>
    <ns1:faultstring>The Axis engine couldn't find a target service to
invoke! targetS
ervice is AdminService</ns1:faultstring>
   </ns1:Fault>
----

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
University of Oulu, Finland  | WWW: http://www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/