Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/03/29 23:51:31 UTC

[Commons Wiki] Update of "math/1.2ReleasePlan" by PhilSteitz

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PhilSteitz:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/math/1%2e2ReleasePlan

The comment on the change is:
Removed obsolete release plan

- = Release Plan For Commons Math 1.2 =
+ deleted

- == Background ==
-
- With the addition of the estimation optimization, geometry and ode package from Mantissa and the new transform package, there is a lot of new functionality in commons-math since the 1.1 release.  Along with the bug fixes since 1.1, we need to cut a new release of commons math.
-
- In addition to the new functionality, we should take this opportunity to deprecate some APIs.  In particular, the abstract factories and dependency on commons-discovery should be deprecated in this release, with pluggability enabled by support for (setter) dependency injection.
-
- == Status ==
-
- Planning stage.
-
- ----
-
- = Pre Release Tasks =
-
- == Coding ==
- Enhancements, straightforward additions:
-  * Design and implement alternative to abstract factories and commons-discovery
-
- Resolve or postpone all open JIRA issues:
-  * Marked for 1.2: [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310485&fixfor=12311776]]
-  * Need to decide: [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310485&fixfor=-1]]
-
-
- Move to Wishlist:
-  * Genetic algorithms
-  * Resampling API and framwork
-  * Sparse matrices
-  * Implement Remedian [[http://www.agoras.ua.ac.be/abstract/Remrob90.htm]]
-  * Implement improved discrete random variate generators [[http://www.jstatsoft.org/v11/i03/]]
-  * Implement more advanced "storageless" univariate statistic [[http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200401.mbox/%3c40065041.3030900@steitz.com%3e]]
-
- === Documentation ===
-  * Add section on Random Vectors to Data Generation section in user guide
-  * Ensure nothing else is missing from User Guide
-
- === Javadoc ===
-  * Review for consistency and completeness
-  * Get rid of (endemic) old style <p> with no </p> breaks
-  * Check links
-  * Find and add external references for algorithms missing these (as much as possible)
-
- === Quality ===
-  * Improve test path coverage [[http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/cobertura/index.html]]
-  * Address findbugs issues [[http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/findbugs.html]] most of the floating point comparisons were checked pre-1.1, but all should be reviewed, especially the new ones
-  * Address checkstyle issues [[http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/checkstyle.html]] (maybe relax or change some rules)
-  * Add @since tags for all new APIs.  Use clirr report to get exhaustive list [[http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/clirr-report.html]]
-  * Make the RAT as happy as possible [[http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/rat-report.html]]
-
- === Check Compatibility ===
- Looks fine: [[http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/clirr-report.html]]
-
- This release should be binary compatible with the 1.1 release, including serialization
-
- === Build ===
-
- Has moved to Maven 2 - will use this to cut release
-
- == RC(s) ==
-
-  * Once tasks above a completed, create release branch and roll a full RC
-  * Repeat for n=2, 3, ... until all are happy (see below :-)
-
- == Release Notes ==
-
- Need to find a way to generate text release notes from changes.xml as we did for 1.1 using maven 1 and release-notes.jsl, or do this by hand.
-
- == Release Vote(s) ==
-
- If no objections are raised on problems reported with an RC after two days, a VOTE thread will be kicked off.  If problems are reported during the vote, these will be fixed and a new RC will be made available and a new VOTE initiated.  This process will iterate until we have had a successful VOTE thread extend for 72 hours.
-
-