Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Charles Tassoni <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/21 16:05:14 UTC

How can I get off the f*cking list?

Tried to unsubcribe again.  As usual, no luck.  I understand that someone
wishing to unsubscribe is an incredibly rare occurrance on this extremely
informative maliing list,  but I think the option should, perhaps, be
supported, just on the off chance.

Love,

Chuck

Re: How can I get off the f*cking list?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribing *does* work.

I'll send another unsubscribe request (and CC you) - you should see
the unsubscribe confirmation shortly thereafter.

S.

Re: Does jMeter record popup jsf pages?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/07/06, Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I'm using jMeter as follows to record parameters to different forms in a
> jsf application.
>
> Platform profile: SuSE;jMeter2.2;Sun JDK 1.5;Jakarta-Tomcat 5.5.12;
> Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4.
>
> Methodology: Using the jMeter GUI, I define a jMeter proxy server and
> start it,
> then visit the application and navigate its pages using
> Firefox.
>
> Test Plan outline (i hope the indentation remains intact):
> |- Thread Gruppe
> |   |- HTTP Request Defaults
> |   |- HTTP Auth Manager

Should probably add a Cookie Manager here.

> |   |- jsf page 1 ...
> |   |- View Results Tree
> |- WorkBench
>     |- HTTP Proxy Server
>
> The problem:
>
> Some of the forms (all jsf pages) are invoked by clicking on
> links on a given page, eg, by pressing a row's data item,
> a popup opens to edit that row's record.
> The problem is that those popups do not get recorded in the
> test plan, and of course neither do their parameters.
>
> Why is this the case, and is what i'm trying to do possible
> in jMeter ? (ie, record all the pages i visit and capture the
> parameters sent to those pages?) Because this would save me
> having to collect form inputs by parsing the HTML source of those
> pages. I hope i'm phrasing my question clearly.

Sounds like the pop-ups are being generated locally by the browser,
and do not involve any interaction with the server.

The JMeter proxy can only capture requests actually sent to the server.

Have you set any filters in the proxy? It's easy to accidentally exclude pages.

[Could Javascript can be used to download pages directly from the
server bypassing the proxy? This would explain what you are seeing,
but seems a broken design to me.]

> Thank you in advance for any help.
>
> Dat.
>
> PS. How come I don't see my own emails to the list? is that indicative
> of a problem with my subscription?

No, it's a feature of GMail.

Does jMeter record popup jsf pages?

Posted by Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com>.
hello,

Re: Are there JMeter plugins for ... ?

Posted by Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com>.
Sebb, thank you for the helpful pointers. I'll browse the FAQ and manual
more closely - especially relating the CSV Data Set Config.
Ideally, I'd like to automate :
- the collection of form input elements from HTTP response data (html
source.)
- The generation of junk values for those data.
- The generation of HTTP Request samplers with the values generated
in the previous step.
- The parsing of the listener output files into presentable reports
in html,lateX,pdf,etc.

Any hints/tips on accomplishing the above (by scripting or usin 3rd
party tools for jmeter would be of great help. :)
Cheers.

Dat.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
By the way, there has to be a confirmation e-mail sent to the address
being added or removed - it would not be safe to act on the initial
request.

This is partly because it's easy to fake reply addresses, and partly
because ezmlm allows requests to be sent on behalf of someone else.
This can be useful when an e-mail address changes.

Posted by Charles Tassoni <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Dawson <an...@iti.upv.es>.

Posted by Charles Tassoni <ch...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michel Plungjan <mp...@gmail.com>.