Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "technosf@speakeasy.net" <te...@speakeasy.net> on 2002/11/12 05:43:44 UTC

Velocity and Piped IO

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has experiance using template output as input to another process/stream?

I am trying to use pipedIO, used pretty much as described in the Sun tutorials:

            PipedWriter pipeOut = null;
        	PipedReader pipeIn = null;

	pipeOut = new PipedWriter();
            pipeIn = new PipedReader(pipeOut);

            PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(pipeOut);

My procedure recycles a VelocityWriter on  'out', [trys to] merge the template, returning 'pipeIn'. In testing everything works fine if I recycle the VelocityWriter on StringWriter, but chokes on the PrintWriter, or anything else, instatiated on the PipedWriter. Death occurs at the merge.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

Martin